About Me

My photo
Brian J. W. Lee is a writer. When he's not writing, he's plotting to plunge the world in a deep chasm of terror, darkness and screams. Sorry, did I get carried away?

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Writing Report S2 #23: Decline

This Writing Report is generally for the dates from 8th November 2016 to 22nd November 2016.

I've entered a new low in terms of writing.

A lot of things have been happening that's slowing me down. I've recently had to report to camp for military matters. Even if it's just for a day, it's draining and has a cooling effect in the days before and after. Next, I have a one week training session coming up right at the start of December.

This is not to mention the fact that the reservist lifestyle forced upon me requires that I invest some time in my physical fitness, and not just health - If it's just maintaining my body, a simple regime of health food (no anorexic tendencies required!) and low-intensity exercises would have been enough.

In my day job, I've hit a peak of activities. A lot of money making potential for the company, which means I can do little to nothing in terms of writing when I'm in office. It's been a few weeks since this started, and it's draining.

And speaking of health. My right ear had become blocked by ear wax like 3 weeks ago after I started applying olive oil drops prescribed by a doctor concerned with the cleanliness of my ear canals, resulting in severe Tinnitus and partial deafness. It wasn't a pleasant experience, as I wasn't sure if it was temporary or not. It was only last Friday that I got that cleared up with a doctor and his pump. Too bad I didn't take a picture of the cylinder containing all that gunk.

The only boon to my writing life is that my tuition tenure for this year had come to an end, freeing up the weekdays. But life so far has been draining, and I've been spending more time recovering and stoning in my bed than anything.

So far, my daily routine for writing hasn't been followed through. I'm averaging a chapter a day when I'm editing The Keeper of Pulau Purba, and up to 300-700 words a day if it's writing. But that's going to change, as it did before. Especially after I'm done with editing my debut novel. I seriously need to get that out of the way first.

I hope I have better news in my next writing report. First thing I'm going to need to do is clean my own writing house up first. I'll be posting more often here, and upgrade my blog - It needs a few new rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment