About Me

My photo
Brian J. W. Lee is a writer. When he's not writing, he's plotting to plunge the world in a deep chasm of terror, darkness and screams. Sorry, did I get carried away?

Sunday 8 April 2018

Writing Report Season 3 #1: Dry Season

Hi guys,

As you may well know, I haven't been posting much on my blog. Basically, I've been suffering a dry season of writing. It's a lot of things walloping me at once, that I'm not sure how I'm supposed to rationalise.

So I won't. I'm just going to make it very simple for myself. I'm going to do what I always did to defeat a dry season. By punching it head on.

That's how season 3 of my writing report series started. I've decided that accountability helps, just like how it did before, and from today onwards, you guys will get a daily report on how much I've written, and what I'm writing. For today's installment, I'm going to start with yesterday...

In today, I've written about maybe 750 words. 500 of them were supposed to be done the day before yesterday. Yeah, it's that bad, which means the real progress I've made was just 250 words.

I'm in the middle of the 'Phonehead' novel I told you guys about. In an unexpected twist to even me, my protagonist met a new character who saved his life. A soldier, who seems to be keeping something from him as they abandoned their car to a vehicle pile-up on an expressway and walked on in search of another.

I'm hoping to be able to at least write 750 words today, but my eventual target is to reclaim what I lost - the 1,000 words a day daily goal.

I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment