About Me

My photo
Brian J. W. Lee is a writer. When he's not writing, he's plotting to plunge the world in a deep chasm of terror, darkness and screams. Sorry, did I get carried away?

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Writing Report S3 #4: Rest & Write

The last 5 days have been kind of a hit-and-miss. On Saturday and Sunday, I wrote nothing, because I sort of have to take a break due to a certain personal issue, which is largely resolved by now. I couldn't write even if I wanted to. It's funny how it doesn't a natural disaster to suck the energy out of you. It stings whenever I had to skip on the writing - I'm hoping that I can regain the energy to be able to write despite whatever happens.

Anyway, if it is any consolation, Monday (16 April 2018) and Tuesday (17 April 2018) was productive as usual. 600 words per day. That's the rate I'm hoping to maintain for a few weeks before I up the pace again. I like putting myself back into the grinder, and 'normalcy' as people know it just wouldn't cut it. My fingers have to bleed if I am supposed to make any real progress.

And speaking of rates... Yesterday (18 April 2018) was terrible. I fell asleep after 150 words. I'm planning to make up for it today, by writing 1050 words. I hope I can - the reason why my writing had slowed down over the months was that I couldn't.

Anyway, my protagonist and his soldier buddy are now engaging in their first real challenge - working together and trying to get past an even bigger blockage on the Tampines expressway... Filled with the titular antagonists of the book.

At least it's going to be an extra exciting 1050 words this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment